I am honoured to have been tagged by Patricia Stoltey. Patricia’s blog is always interesting and is wise and funny too. So if you are not familiar with her musings, do drop in and tell her I sent you.
I have to give 5 answers to 5 questions…. So here goes.
Where were you 5 years ago?
Sad woman that I am, I actually had to get out my 2005 Diary for this one (yep, I keep my diaries – which are just for appointments etc.).
1. So 5 years ago I was living in this house and about to begin some renovation work which transformed our living space.
2. Almost exactly 5 years ago, my gall bladder blew up (not literally) but I ended up in hospital for 2 weeks with a bad infection. My mother did not approve of the hospital and refused to let me have the operation there (in case I got MRSA) and so I came home and spent the summer on a low fat diet. I therefore lost nearly 2 stone. I had my gall bladder removed that September.
(BTW did you know that problems with your gall bladder signal unexpressed or unresolved anger??)
3. So 5 years ago I looked great and so did my house!
4. Looking at my diary, I was doing more Reiki than I am now.. so I need to get back to that!
5. I also found photos in the old diary. Gorgeous photos of my two youngest daughters at Glenroe Farm. Glenroe is an open farm in Wicklow where kids can get up close and personal with horses, goats, pigs, sheep, deer and small animals in the Pets Corner. My kids all loved it and we used to make a day trip of it during the summer, taking a picnic. I had forgotten how much I loved sitting at the picnic table in the sun listening the animal and small children sounds.
Where would you like to be in 5 years time?
1. Well in 5 years time, my children will be 28 (?), 16 and 14. So with two teenagers in the house I suppose my hope is that I will not be in a home for the bewildered.
2. I hope that we are still in this house and that perhaps my eldest has found the independence she craves by finding a place of her own!
3. I would hope to still have my animals.
4. I would love to have had a book published. I am working on a collection of short stories at the moment.
5. I would totally love (we are into the realm of total fantasy now) to have a regular spot on radio – national radio if possible. Ha ha!
What is on your To Do List today?
Well I will start by telling you what is not on it – cleaning up after my darling dog who has the trots today. My house smells of disinfectant. So that has taken up a large amount of my time today, but otherwise:
2. Catch up on reading my favourite blogs
3. Draft new blog post
4. Edit short story for possible submission to a competition
5. Make dinner.
I am half way there and deserve bonus points for not shooting my dog yet!
What snacks do you enjoy
Strawberries (only Irish ones – which are just coming into season now)
What 5 things would you do if you were a billionaire
I can’t even imagine a billion euros but if I had endless money I would:
1. Make sure that every child with special needs had the education and general support they needed and are entitled to.
2. Build Foxrock Cabinteely GAA club a wonderful club house with a bar overlooking the pitch and spa like changing rooms!
3. Buy a cottage to escape to in Wicklow. It would be by a lake and although is a very rural place be within walking distance of a local village with a pub which did great food!
4. Sort out every member of my family – clear mortgages/loans etc.
5. Travel every summer to all the wonderful places on the planet I would like to see and experience.
Now all that remains is to tag another 5 bloggers with the same task. They are:
Susannah at The Streaming Now
Marie at Write Now Blog
Jane at Jane Obsessed with Jane
Brigid at Sort of Writing